Translate

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Noodling Around

Let me tell you what, there are three types of food that I could eat everyday all day and never get sick of it!! That is Mexican, Chinese and Pasta!!! I love pasta, it is totally my go to food. Need a quick meal? Don’t have much in the cabinet, cook up some pasta and some butter and you are good to go! So I am sure you have guessed what today’s recipe is… PASTA!! I am sure I will post other ones as well, because I am a pasta junkie. If there was a support group in be there.

Any who, I got these two recipes off of pinterest. It was well worth it and fast to cook! It’s a spicy Romano Cheese pasta. Things I did differently to this recipe, is instead of using the Romano and the Parmesan cheese, I used shredded Italian blend. At the grocery, I couldn’t seem to find any Romano. I guess it was meant to be. I also added onions and thought about adding spinach, but then decided that there was enough flavors going on already to be good.

I didn’t do a lot of spiciness, because that doesn’t always agree with stomachs. I also didn’t have anymore cayenne pepper, so I just did a shake of red pepper flakes. But you should do it to your liking. Other than that, this was an easy delicious dinner and I highly suggest giving it a shot!

The second recipe was a bit more complicated. It was a frozen berry yoghurt. I didn’t do the fresh berries in the recipe, but it was still good. Although disclaimer- you use honey in this I suggest if you are making a smaller serving, than to use less honey! I definitely made that mistake. I am not a huge fan of honey and I added to much so it was very prevalent in this batch.

Also, you are going to have to freeze this before you serve it, because otherwise it is just like a smoothie, not like ice cream.. The recipe made it seem like you just mix it all together and your good to go. I didn’t find that to be the case. So once I made it I put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes and it harden right up and was good to go!

Overall a very good meal… we were full to our stomach and enjoying the good feeling  that you get after eating a ton of good food!

Enjoy the Recipes!!

Romano Spicy Pasta


The Sauce:
  • 1 pint heavy cream
  • 4 T butter
  • 2 tsp  salt
  • 1 – 2 tsp pepper
  • 1/4 cup romano cheese
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 2 tsp cayenne pepper  *EDITED*  My husband and I like a lot of KICK to ours.  IF you or your family doesn’t, please read comments first.  If you aren’t sure how much cayenne you will like, add a tiny amt and taste as you add until it’s to your liking!
The Rest:
  • 10 ounce package of bowtie pasta cooked and drained according to package directions – al dente.
  • 1 1/2 T melted butter
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1 small jar artichoke hearts, drained
  • 1 7-8 ounce precooked sliced grilled chicken (we also add equal amounts of sausage to ours…although shrimp, beef, and crab would be great too!)
  • 1/8 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 oz heavy cream

How To Make It:

Sauce:
  • Melt butter in saute pan or skillet. Add cream, salt and pepper, heat to a boil. Remove from heat and fold in cheeses and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
The Rest:
  • In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then add mushrooms, and sundried tomatoes. Stir for one minute. Next add artichokes and chicken (and cooked sausage or other meat). Stir. Stir in 1 ounce heavy cream and 1/2 of the sauce. Add bowtie pasta followed by rest of the sauce. Stir gently. Serve.




Mine

Theirs




 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

One Minute berry icecream

Ingredients

  • . 1 x 500g pack of mixed frozen berries
  • . 150g fresh blueberries
  • . 3–4 tablespoons runny honey
  • . 1 x 500g tub of natural yoghurt
  • . a few sprigs of fresh mint
  • . optional: 4 small ice cream cornets

Method

In advance: Put 4 small glasses in the freezer, or you can serve straight into ice cream cornets, if you prefer.

When you're all set up and ready to go, get the glasses (if using) and the frozen berries out of the freezer. Divide the fresh blueberries between the glasses or cornets. Put the honey and yoghurt and leaves from the sprigs of mint into the food processor and whiz, then add the frozen berries and whiz again until combined. Spoon the frozen yoghurt over the fresh berries and serve. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment