Translate

Monday, February 18, 2013

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken

I love all kinds of food but Mexican and Asian foods are one of my favorites!! I haven't always been able to cook these favorites of mine... and sometimes I like to just leave these things up to the experts! But feeling adventurous I attempted a homemade Teriyaki. Now we have made teriyaki chicken before using a pre-made marinade, which is pretty good in itself, however never that Asian restaurant style taste. This was the first time that I have gotten the restaurant taste from a home cooked meal.

I only used two chicken breast and I chopped them into thin slices, I wanted to do this because I only have a small crock pot and I wanted the teriyaki taste in every bite!! I also added broiled broccoli to the sauce which made it delicious. Since I only used two chicken breast I also halved the recipe, it still needs the 4 hours though.  

I got this recipe from the Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen blog, and I am so glad I gave it a try!! Instead of cider vinegar, I used regular white vinegar. Otherwise follow this recipe and you wont be lead astray. 

Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken 

12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
Mine
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
6 tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
Hot cooked long grain rice
Place chicken in a 4 qt. slow cooker.  In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.  Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.  Skim fat from cooking liquid.  Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.  Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thicken.  Serve with chicken and rice.
Theirs

Happy Cooking!!!

2 comments:

  1. Chelsea! YUM! This looks great. Will try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I look forward to hearing about what you thought! Enjoy and Happy cooking!!

    ReplyDelete