Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Breakfast To Go

I saw a recipe similar to this one, but I have lost the pin and haven't been able to find another one like it. I really enjoyed making these and they turned out great to re-heat. You know we always see these recipes that are “great” to reheat later, but really they turn out to be a big floppy mess!! The ingredients make about two cans worth of Pillsbury croissants, however if you roll out the dough you could make one can stretch further. I wouldn't roll it out to much, because than the dough will get to thin and not bake correctly. You should roll just enough to close the seams a stretch it out.
For the stuffing I used 6 eggs, 1 container of jimmy dean sausage, about 1 cup of cheese, 1 medium yellow onion and one green pepper. I chopped up the onion and green pepper, and mixed it in with scrambled eggs and the cooked sausage in a large bowl with the cheese.


 Once I thoroughly mixed it together, I popped out the dough and closed up the seams of the dough. And then cut out the squares added the dough and then closed it up.


 I put it in the oven for the duration of the package directions since everything else had already been cooked. After we pull them out... we put them in a freezer bag with wax paper in between each one and reheated for about 15-30 seconds in the microwave... Easy Peasy breakfast on the go!! 















You could do this with turkey sausage or even egg whites to make it a more healthier... I hope you enjoy and start your day off right!!! 

Happy Cooking!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment