Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies

So the other day I ran across this blog through pinterest and I love their ideas!!! They are so convenient and easy!! But I ran across these blueberry cheesecake cookies and they looked and sounded to good NOT to try!! However, I am trying to eat healthy and just be healthy over all, so when I first saw the recipe... I was like YIKES the calories!! But as I wrote down the ingredients I thought of a way to make it healthier.

The recipe calls for 1 Jiffy Blueberry Muffin Mix, and instead I used low fat blueberry muffin mix...however I really wanted to use the FiberOne muffin mix, but for some reason I could not find it in the store. Why not enjoy your cookie and get fiber at the same time!! Anyways the next big calorie buster was the cream cheese, so I used fat free cream cheese...and I can already hear you out there say...ewww this is going to be gross...but bear with me here! For the rest of the ingredients used according to the recipe.

Now there were a lot of comments on this blog about the cookies coming out "pancake" like, and unfortunately mine did to. But I think it was because we didn't have a mixer to blend the ingredients well, so either have everything soft and easy to mix or pull out that mixer. The second thing is that I kept the batter cold, however once I placed the batter on the sheet, it sat there for a good minute or five and I think that's what did it as well. You want to make sure that the batter is nice and firm, so if 1 hour doesn't give it enough time than, be patient and wait a little longer. These cookies are definitely worth it!!

I brought the extra cookies at work and the girls LOVED THEM!! They couldn't even tell that they are low fatish, which makes it even better!! Next time I will leave out the white chocolate, but that's just me!!

Also just a side note before I give you the recipe, when you package them up, place some wax paper between the cookies, because they will stick!!

Here is the recipe straight from The Inspiration Cafe' Blog:


Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies

2 boxes Jiffy Blueberry Muffin mix
4 oz. cream cheese
1 stick “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter”
½ C. light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
1 ½ C. white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cream together butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar. Add eggs one at a time until blended. Combine muffin mix with the butter mixture and mix well. Fold in white chocolate chips. Chill for at least one hour. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until just turning brown around the edges. Cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack until completely cooled.


Thank you Inspiration Cafe for sharing your secrets! And these yummy cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment