Translate

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip and Banana Pancakes

One of the many foods that I enjoy constantly in life is breakfast foods!! Most importantly pancakes!! As a kid through friends and family I ate chocolate chip pancakes. Something that has always been a comfort food for me. The back story to this is that one of my best friends gave me these weird cooking tools (still haven't figured out what they are for), chocolate chips, a measuring glass and a hot mitt. Definitely a great gift! So I thought we could put this gift to use in the morning. So Steve and I took regular Hungry Jack pancake mix and "pimped" it out!

I used one the tools here in the picture. After some thinking I think it might be a cheese knife?? If you know, let me know! Anyway the flat surface was great! I took some of the chocolate chips and smashed them between the tool and the cutting board, and for the banana I used the sharp edge and cut the banana into small pieces.

Once the hungry jack mix was all mixed up we put it on the hot skillet (just follow the directions on the box). Once the mix starts to bubble add your goodies to the cooking pancakes. If you wait to long the goodies wont be cooked in they will just be on top of the pancake. Equally good, however more mess to clean.


Once you see a plethora of bubbles and the sides start to turn brown flip the pancakes and let them cook on the other side. It wont take that long for the other side to cook. Once browned go ahead an plate them! If you have thicker pancakes they will take a bit longer to cook. You can enjoy with syrup or with out.

Easy enough right??

Whats your favorite breakfast food? 

No comments:

Post a Comment