Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

Pork Pork and more Pork!

Heelllooo internet world!!

I hope this finds you doing extremely well! Sorry for the delay in posting, I have some catching up to do! Today I am going to give you my pork tenderloin recipe. Let me tell you what, you don't like this... I am going to be shocked!

I have made this pork tenderloin a couple of times. The first time I made this "loin"( for short), I kinda botched it up, but it ended up tasting amazing! Also this recipe calls for some advanced cooking... not really my style. I love the delicious however easy to make! So I will share with you my short cuts, but I believe it to be just as delicious.

So the way I am going to construct this posting today is I am going to give you the recipe first and then tell you how I did it. That way you have a bit of understanding of what I am talking about. So keep reading!!

Also this recipe has a plum chutney, I did not make it.

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
  • 4 teaspoons herbes de Provence
  • 4 teaspoons olive oil
  • 2 pork tenderloins (about 2 lb.)
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 16 thin slices pancetta (Italian bacon; about 8 oz.) or prosciutt

Ingredient Info

Herbes de Provence, a dried herb mixture, can be found at specialty foods stores and in the spice section of most supermarkets.

Preparation

Stir rosemary, herbes de Provence, and oil in a small bowl. Rub all over pork; season with salt and pepper. Wrap pancetta slices around pork and tie at 2" intervals with kitchen twine to hold together. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.If using a charcoal grill, build a medium-hot fire; push coals over to 1 side of grill. If using a gas grill, heat all but 1 burner to high. Grill tenderloins over hot part of grill, turning frequently, until a crisp brown crust forms on all sides, 8—10 minutes. Move tenderloins to cooler part of grill to gently cook through; cover and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the middle of each loin registers 145°, 15—20 minutes longer.
Transfer tenderloins to a cutting board. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly and serve with plum chutney alongside.



Alright so here is what I did differently! The first time I made this, I tried to follow the recipe exactly minus the grilling because it was way to cold to grill. Also instead of the pancetta, I used good ol'bacon! Can't go wrong. I used fresh rosemary from my rosemary bush and Ms. Dash salt free garlic and herb mix. Herbes de Provence is hard to find in the states, and when you do its expensive for what you get. Ms. Dash does the job great! I also used the salt free because the bacon add a lot of salt already to the pork so I didn't find it necessary to add any more. So the first time I did this, I tried to pan sear the bacon around it and then put it in the oven. Well what actually happened was all the bacon fell off and I had to wait for it to cool to re-wrap the pork! The second time I cooked it, I went ahead and put it all in the oven to bake and then broiled the bacon on top and on bottom by rotating it. 

So the second time I made this I let it sit in the fridge all ready to go for about 2 hours, there wasn't much of a difference in taste. So you can if you want to or don't! Choice is yours! Here is how I did it along with pictures! 

Step one: rub down the loins with Ms. Dash, rosemary and olive oil and wrap with bacon. As you wrap I used halved toothpicks to keep the bacon in place (I used colored ones, therefore I can see them after its all been cooked)





 Step two: Place in the oven for 30-45 minutes until the pork has reached 145 degrees. Than set your oven to broil, and CAREFULLY watch the loins. Once the bacon on top has been crisped up, flip the loins to crisp the bottom layer of bacon!


Step three: take the loins out and let the rest for about 5-10 minutes than cut to serve. **I have noticed both times that the pork ends up being pink- this is because of the bacon. Make sure that your pork is at the correct temperature before pulling it out of the oven.**

Bon Appetite!

Original Recipe
My pork











Let me know what you think! I would love to hear! 

Happy Cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment